Receiver twitter updates and direct messages from your friends while chatting on Yahoo Messenger, Windows Messenger, Jabber or Gtalk and send tweets or dms (direct messages) right from the messenger window.
Twip.me is free service that integrates your twitter account to the popular IM clients like Yahoo Messenger, Windows Messenger, Jabber or Gtalk and updates your twitter account from your favorite IM service.
How to use twip.me service to get updates on Instant Messaging Clients
- Complete the form http://twit.me/#pair with your twitter username and password and IM network and username. Click next to continue.
- Choose a twip.me password. Click Go!
- On your IM client the robot (twipme) will add you, please accept and add it as well.
- On the next screen you will be provided with a string, eg. “v 9883e9”, send that on IM to twipme, for account verification.
- Click “Next” to enter Control Panel.
- You’re done, now you will receive updates on your IM and you will also be able to login on http://twip.me for your account settings.
Once you setup your twip.me account, use the following commands on your IM chat client to receive and send twitter updates:
help – to get all available commands
t [status] – to twit this status
d [username] [message] – to dm that fellow twitter
d [username1,username2,username3,...] [message] – to mass dm
follow [username] – to follow that user
unfollow [username] – to unfollow the user
mute – to stop receiving friends updates
talk – to start receiving friends updates again
report [error] – to send an error report
recover – to recover your password for your control panel on http://twip.me
Please share other services like twip.me that check and updates your twitter account from your favorite IM service