UltraDefrag is an open source free disk defragmenter utility for Windows based PC that defragments all files including system files like page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system when windows is running. This free defragmenter tool also allows you to shutdown the PC once the defragmentation process is completed, thus saving electricity. You can also defragment a single file or folder for maximum performance. The scheduler option lets you to select a time when you want to run UltraDefrag tool to perform defragmentation tasks.
UltraDefrag (Free Windows Disk Defragment Tool) Features:
- System files defragmentation (registry, pagefiles, registry hives, etc)
- Shutdown or Hibernate after a job feature.
- ‘boot-on’ and ‘boot-off’ commands for boot time defragger.
- Very fast defragmentation, the work is done via a kernel mode driver which has an optimal defraging algorithm.
- Defragment single file/directory from the context menu in Explorer Debug logging feature.
- Defragment additional streams attached to NTFS files.
- PortableDefrag can be installed on demand which can be carried around in USB storage devices and used without any installation.
- Automatically break defragmentation when the specified time interval elapses.
- Set program’s filter to exclude unwanted files and folders from the analysis.
- Ability to generate html reports of fragmentation status.
- Ability to include/exclude files based on simple filters.
UltraDefrag supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7, including 64 bit versions.
Download UltraDefrag defragmenter utility for Windows based PC