Last.fm is a popular music service that allows you to discover new music according to your taste and you already listen to. You will find millions of albums and tracks, information on artists and other statistics. But you cannot download every favorite song of yours from Last.fm website for free. There are some selected songs that are available for free download from last.fm website. You can easily find them on free Last.fm music downloads page, on tag pages or check out a personalized selection on your recommendations home page.
Following is a list of free tools that allows you to download full songs/tracks/stream from last.fm website for free.
Tool #1 – The Last Ripper
Freeware tool TheLastRipper lets you save Last.fm streams to mp3 music files. It also download album cover, append ID3v2 tags, organize you music after Artist/Album/Track simultaneously and help you to generate playlists (M3U, SMIL, PLS) from the data available from you Last.fm account. TheLastRipper comes withMP3Tunes integration which automatically backup tracks at mp3tunes. TheLastRipper requires a Last.fm login and you can register for free at Last.Fm. The Last.fm music downloader tool works with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Tool #2 – LastSharp
With LastSharp you can save or download music files from last.fm as mp3 files on your PC. Last Sharp requires Last.fm user account, Microsoft .net framework 2.0 and an operating system – Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista. The default language for the tool has been set to German but it can be changed to English via options. Navigate to the lower left corner of the tool to find the option menu.
1. Last Sharp downloads full playlist of around 30 tracks, but you can individually select which tracks you want to download.
2. Last Sharp offers the possibility to download the entire playlist in succession.
3. Through a filter you can specify what is to be downloaded.
4. After downloading MP3 files you can play music automatically or manually through an integrated player.
5. Allows you to download multiple files at once with multiple Last.fm account.
6. Adjustment for proxy servers.
Download – LastSharp to save mp3 music from last.fm
Tool #3 – Last.fm Downloader
Last.fm Downloader is free portable application that lets you download music stream from last.fm radio stream website to PC. Just enter the Last.FM URL (URL of the radio station) and then press ‘Start’ button. You can change the setting options of the tool as well that provides you to change the following available options –
1. Download location of the music files.
2. Option to enable/disable downloading cover art.
3. Option to enable/disable deep folder layout.
4. To set a maximum size limit.
5. To set download file count limit.
6. Application to start if a limit is reached
Note - All downloaded songs are named “Artist – Title.mp3″ and saved in the “Downloaded Files” subfolder. If you check the ‘Deep folder layout’ option, the files are stored as “\Artist\Album\Artist – Title.mp3″.
Tool #4 – FreeMusicZilla
FreeMusicZilla is a popular tool that lets you download free music from IMEEM, Last.fm, Pandora, Myspace, eSnips, Mog, iJigg, Radio.blog.club and almost all social music services free and easily. Follow the instruction below to download music files and radio streams from last.fm website.
1. Download , Install Free Music Zilla and run Free Music Zilla.
2. Visit Last.fm.com and play the Last.fm music. The playing music will be grabbed by Free Music Zilla
3. Select the grabbed Last.fm music then click ‘Download’ button. The Last.fm music will be downloaded.
4. Please download it before ‘Leech Timeout’ count down to 0 and keep the music playing when downloading.
5. The downloaded Last.fm music files are in FLV format.
Tool #5 – lastFMp3Getr
lastFMp3Getr is an open source utility that automatically download the mp3s of songs most recently listened to by a last.fm user that the artist has chosen to be publicly download-able.
Tool #6 – Grab Track Bookmark
This is one of the easiest and most powerful ways to download and preview full length songs or tracks from Last.Fm. Seedspill has developed a bookmark with which you can grab or rip songs from last.fm site easily without installing any third party software. You need to just drag the Grab Track link to your bookmarks in Firefox or Internet Explorer.
To use it just click the bookmark while viewing a direct song link on Last.Fm. You must go to the direct url of the song to download it on your computer.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that recordings of radio streams may NOT be legal; we recommend that you investigate your local laws, before using the tool listed above.