Black Screen of Death (BlSoD) is encountered in Windows 7, Vista or XP after encountering a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down to prevent damage. Sometimes, it allows you to login and after logging on your Windows 7, Vista or XP, you find that there is no desktop, task bar, system tray or side bar. Instead you see a black screen and a single My Computer Explorer window.
Cause of Black Screen Of Death (BlSoD)
- Black Screen of Death is displayed when the operating system fails to boot due to a missing file.
- BlSoD can also be replicated when you enable file compression on all files resulting in the compression of the operating system.
- A black screen can also be caused by display driver problems, or selecting a mode that the monitor cannot display.
- A black screen with boot failure may also be caused by bios corruption
Pervex has released a free Black Screen Fix to fix Black Screen of Death in Windows 7/Vista/XP. It is important to note that this tool will not fix all black screen issues. If you are recently getting black screen of death error in Windows then Black Screen Fix may troubleshoot it without any glitch. The cause of this recent Black Screen is lock down of registry keys in Windows OS, invalidating several key registry entries that were updated without consideration of the new ACL rules being applied.
How to Fix Black Screen of Death
Case #1 – Avoid Black Screen of Death
Download Black Screen Fix and run it on your computer system. Reboot your machine to avoid the Black Screen of Death error.
Case #2 – Currently facing Windows 7 Black Screen of Death
Sometimes you are not able to open Internet Explorer to browse for the solution if you Windows 7 PC is throwing Black Screen of Death error. Just follow the simple steps below to download and run Black Screen Fix using command line.
1) Restart your PC and Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
2) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously and Click Start Task Manager
3) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab and the click New Task
4) Now enter the command:
“C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” “http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX”
5) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
6) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
7) Restart your PC to fix the black screen problem.