FortiClient, a free antivirus tool for Windows 7 from Fortinet has been released and is available for download. In Past we have already shared free antivirus tools for windows 7 from Kaspersky, Norton and AVG , free AVG antivirus 8.5 for Windows 7 and leaked version of Morro, official antivirus tool from microsoft.
FortiClient provides SSL and IPSec VPN, a personal firewall, antivirus/antispyware scanning, Intrusion Prevention and web filtering. FortiClient’s Antivirus and Antispyware engine prevents virus attacks. It’s Heuristics and Antispyware engine helps in analyzing Pre- and Post-Execution Behavioral Analysis. The free antivirus tool also provides you with Real-Time Poisoned Webpage Protection, Personal Firewall protection, Anti-Rootkit Protection, WAN Optimization and many more.
VPN – It allows secure access to enterprise applications from remote locations
Anti-spam – The Detects, quarantines, and blocks spam messages and malicious attachments
WAN Optimization – FortiClient works with FortiGate units to accelerate network access
App Detection – Works with FortiGate units to monitor and control which applications can run on an endpoint computer.
Antivirus – Protects you from malicious software
Firewall – Blocks outsiders from hacking into your computer
Web Filtering – Blocks malicious websites and enforces parental controls
How to Install FortiClient?
- Download Forticlient and run the *.exe or *.msi file.
- In the FortiClient Setup screen, select the FortiClient SSL VPN check box to install.
- Click Next to continue.
- At the Choose Installation Type screen, select the Free Edition and Click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement screen and click Next.
- In the Choose Setup Type screen, select one of the following:
- Complete — All features of FortiClient are installed.
- VPN and Firewall — Installs only VPN and Firewall features.
- Custom — Choose the features to install and file location.
- Click Install to begin the installation. During installation, your network connections may be temporarily disconnected.
- At the Completed page, click Finish.
- When the installation is complete, the FortiClient Configuration Wizard opens. Use the wizard to schedule, update, and start an antivirus scan.
- Pentium processor or equivalent
- 100 MB hard disk space
- Compatible Operating System & Minimum RAM
– Windows 2000: 128 MB
– Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit: 256 MB
– Windows Server 2003 32-bit and 64-bit: 384 MB
– Windows Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit: 512 MB
– Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit: 512 MB
– Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit: 512 MB