ultrasn0w 0.9 has been release by iPhone dev team and is available for download. Most of the issues and bugs have been fixed in ultrasn0w version 0.9 that were reported in previous version of Ultrasn0w. iPhone dev team released ultrasn0w 0.9 soon after their rival Geohot released purplesn0w RC2 today and further claims that ultrasn0w 0.9 is far better as compared to purplesn0w to unlock iPhone 3GS 3.0 firmware. According to iPhone dev team-
“ultrasn0w uses 152 bytes of properly malloc’d baseband RAM, which is 0.015% of what purplesn0w uses. Put another way, purplesn0w uses 6900 times more RAM than ultrasn0w (and doesn’t let the O/S know that it’s using it, so the O/S still thinks it’s free to use. When it does use it, the baseband will crash).”
ultrasn0w 0.9 Features-
- Ultrasn0w 0.9 perfectly works on both iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS with 3.0 firmware.
- Works regardless of how you jailbroke your device
- Works on hacktivated devices
- Doesn’t patch any mach-o binary whatsoever. (Doesn’t require a separate patch as each new firmware comes out).
- Doesn’t install any additional daemon
- Has no race conditions, no popups about “Missing SIM”, no network issues
- Is almost 7000 times smaller than purplesn0w.
- Is available now via Cydia. Source repo is http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com (that last “0” in ultrasn0w is a zero!)
Refer our previous article on how to Unlock iPhone 3G using UltraSn0w to unlock your iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS with 3.0 firmware installed.