SkyDrive Explorer is a free extension for Windows Explorer that maps your SkyDrive account as a regular Windows drive. With SkyDrive Explorer you can access your documents stored in Microsoft Live SkyDrive service using Windows Explorer. The extension allows you to view the structure and contents of folders in SkyDrive. The documents can then be copied back and forth between your Skydrive or computer. You need not to install or configure any additional programs or ActiveX components. SkyDrive Explorer organizes the interaction with the online storage itself.
SkyDrive is popular file storage and sharing service by Windows Live. The files can then be accessed directly from any web browser. Currently, SkyDrive offers 25 GB of free personal storage, with individual files limited to 50 MB. Gladinet can also be used to access SkyDrive directly from desktop.
How to use SkyDrive Explorer
Download and install SkyDrive Explorer extension and enter the Windows Live credential into the logon dialog.
You can now browse your files and folders stored in SkyDrive. Work session will remain active till you reboot your computer or logout from SkyDrive Explorer.
SkyDrive Explorer Features
- View the structure and contents of folders in SkyDrive.
- View files information (type, size, creation date in GMT format).
- Create new root folders and subfolders.
- Copy files into the storage.
- Delete files and folders.
- Copy files from the storage to the computer.
- Copy folders and subfolders from the storage to the computer keeping their structure.
- Use Drag & Drop for files operations.
- Rename files and folders.
- Create links to SkyDrive folders on your computer.
- Copy URL of the selected object(s) to the Clipboard.
SkyDrive Explorer works both in 32- and 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008, and Windows 7.
Download SkyDrive Explorer for Windows 7